Tax Compliance Analyst
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is seeking a Tax Compliance Analyst to join the Withholding Tax Compliance Management team. The ideal candidate needs to be customer focused, self-motivated, and professional. Tax Compliance Analyst is responsible for ensuring tax documentation is in order; understand the withholding tax requirements and ensuring timely reporting to the tax authorities. Additionally, able to answer tax-related questions, own the resolution of business customers issues, and when necessary, can exercise good judgement to escalate issues upward throughout the organization. The preferred candidate will have problem solving skills and customer service passion.
The candidate will learn quickly and build a solid understanding of Amazon's businesses, systems, and processes; leveraging their understanding of the end to end withholding tax process, they will identify and implement process improvement and automation.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
• Foster strong cross-functional relationships with internal business partners by serving as the Tax liaison for general inquiries, communication of project/process initiatives and plans of action.
• Ensure withholding, reporting and other transaction tax obligations, withholding reconciliation and filings for US regions.
• Exposure in US withholding tax and 1099 & 1042S tax filings will be a plus point.
• Reconcile expense ledger with tax payable, withholding preparation and reporting of taxes to Tax authorities, liaising with external consultants.
• Prepare materials needed for yearly tax filings and tax audit requirements.
• Timely remittances to the tax authorities and accurate reporting of withholding taxes.
• Effectively communicate with both internal and external teams and customers
• Leverage end-to-end process knowledge, including systems and portals.
• Serve as the Tax compliance resource on global Tax projects, including collaboration with the core project team, coordination of tax requirements, process generation, etc.
• Define key metrics and create metrics reports and set up reporting process
• Collaborate with co-workers to increase productivity by eliminating duplication and coordinating information requirements. Drive process improvement initiatives to reduce manual efforts.
• Effectively resolve and escalate issues, demonstrate excellent record of delivery.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Business Process Management with 3 to 5 years of experience in global Finance Operations.
• Strong hands on experience and Knowledge of withholding tax for US region.
• Exemplary relationship-building skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to relate processes and associated technical aspects to business partners in straightforward fashion
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in creating and tracking metrics and process SOPs.
• Excellent drafting skills to be able to communicate complex tax ideas & issues to business groups.
• Flexible to work varied shifts
• MBA Finance or equivalent degrees
• ERP experience such as Oracle/SAP; Well-rounded knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Proven track record in learning and applying new technologies.
• Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects.
• Work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Hard working, quicker learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude and solid professionalism
• Ability to demonstrate empathy for customer's issues and problems.
Back to top