Tax Analyst II - Foreign Direct - Western Europe
- Bratislava, Slovakia
Amazon is seeking a Tax Analyst II to join its direct tax reporting team in Bratislava, Slovakia with a primary focus on tax reporting for Amazon's legal entities in Western Europe. This position will be primarily responsible to support the income tax Manager located in Luxembourg for tax reporting and compliance (non-US direct tax returns & tax accounting) as well as the international aspects of the US GAAP worldwide income tax provision. The Amazon tax department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment. The mission of the Foreign Reporting Group is to comply with foreign local tax reporting requirements and manage the worldwide, tax-related filings of Amazon's foreign entities.
Foreign Direct Tax Reporting and Compliance Responsibilities with a primary focus on Amazon's operations in Western Europe:
• Prepare / Review non-US income tax returns and other foreign tax filings and supporting work papers
• Prepare / Review estimated tax payments
• Support income tax accounting and reporting under US-GAAP
• Support local income tax payments
• Assist with process improvement and automation implementation throughout the foreign tax reporting and compliance process
• Support ASC 740/foreign local quarterly and annual tax provision calculations
• Prepare standard operating procedures for review and approval by management
Tax Planning Research & Analysis Responsibilities:
• Support regular reports for management, including filing status of worldwide filings, taxes paid/accrued, task trackers, etc.
• Participate in special projects, as necessary
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 2400 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
• Bachelor's degree in tax, accounting, finance, or related field
• Minimum 5 years' experience working in tax
• Business fluent in English
• Dutch Language Skills
• Experienced working on Western Europe tax reporting and compliance matters
• Experienced in fulfilling income tax compliance and reporting obligations for US or other multinational organization
• Tax provision experience and understanding of accounting pronouncements
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Collaborate team player who is comfortable with a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office, Oracle.
Back to top