- Seattle, WA
Amazon Tax Graduate/LLM Level Full-Time Opportunities - 2020 (United States)
At Amazon, we are excited to offer graduate students the opportunity to launch into a big career as a Tax professional with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
• Learn more about our businesses by reviewing Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, Jeff's 2017 Letter to Shareholders, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year
• Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity, and military veterans
• Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as where we operate around the world.
In addition, we invite you to visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/teams/finance-tax to learn more about working at Amazon Tax.
Tax Leadership Development Program (TLDP): TLDP is a key pipeline program designed to set graduate degreed hires on the path to Tax leadership. TLDP is a three-year leadership development program that consists of working on a variety of projects in different Tax service areas with the goal that at the completion of the program you will understand deeply how Tax functions across all areas of a multi-national corporation. Areas of development include:
• Handling and supporting a wide variety of tax compliance processes, including direct and indirect tax in the U.S. and outside of the U.S.
• Gathering requirements and collaborating on design and process improvements
• Assisting with tax due diligence on M&A deals
• Learning to prepare tax account reconciliations
• Liaising with cross-functional teams and business partners to obtain information or provide information
• Assisting with developing and evaluating planning opportunities
• Organizing information for visibility across the entire Tax Organization
• Supporting existing processes within Tax
• Assisting with special projects
• Researching tax rules and writing tax technical documents
• Creating and developing complex excel spreadsheet models
In addition, through TLDP, you will obtain exposure to functional job training, leadership development workshops, mentorship/career guidance and a large network of peers in Amazon's Finance Leadership Development (FLDP) and Amazon Finance Rotation Program (AFRP). This breadth of exposure provides program participants to gain an understanding of key roles within Amazon's Tax organization and build skills to help them become effective leaders capable of leading large, complex organizations. Full-time roles are available in Seattle, WA.
• Predicted graduate degree in Taxation, or a JD and LLM in Taxation
• Membership or anticipated membership in a U.S. state bar or CPA
• Experience as an intern in any area of tax
• Solid organizational and project-management skills
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills
• Strong desire to exceed expectations
• Ability to summarize and communicate important data
• Commitment to self-development
• Expertise in time management, and the ability to adapt to change under pressure
• highly collaborative approach to work, and the personal integrity to support not only your team's interests, but colleagues across a global business
• Integrity in a professional environment demonstrated by insisting on the highest standards
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top