Amazon.com seeks a Tax Analyst to be a member of our Global Tax Calculation Services Program. The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes) to Amazon and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces and other ecommerce platforms.
This position is focused primarily on North American transaction taxes, there will be opportunities for broader exposure to other global transaction taxes to include EU, APAC and India transaction taxes.
Primary job duties include:
- Configuration and ongoing maintenance of Amazon's transaction tax calculation software
- Researching transaction tax laws to create and maintain the tax rules (e.g. product taxability)
- Actively participating in projects throughout their life cycle – from design through delivery – with an emphasis on testing to ensure that projects conform to requirements
- Communicating with the business, merchants and customers regarding tax calculations
- Providing subject matter expertise to various business partners, such as IT, Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service, etc.
- 1+ years of tax experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Prior sales and use tax experience
- Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of related transaction tax experience (– prior experience with value-added taxes is not required). T
- Ideal candidate would also have previous experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation and compliance software (e.g., Vertex, Sabrix, Taxware, etc.).
- Very strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- A team orientated, customer- centric attitude
- Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top