Talent Analytics Manager
- Seattle, WA
This role can sit in Seattle, WA, Nashville, TN, Arlington, VA (HQ2), other corporate locations would be considered.
Are you someone who loves to dig into the why behind a number to tell a narrative? If so, this role is for you!
As Amazon's WWOps and Consumer organizations grows, talent planning and forecasting are increasingly essential to our talent decision making processes that focus on the most critical initiatives. This Analytics Manager role is ideal for someone with the analytical acumen to discover and communicate valuable staffing insights and recommendations, while helping grow and pioneer efforts.
In this role, you will closely partner with the WW Operations, HR, and TA leadership team. You will also work closely with cross-functional teams and leaders (most frequently with Finance, Recruiting, Org Research Teams) to understand business goals and priorities, in order to effectively and accurately strategize, plan, and execute initiatives as it relates to workforce plans. Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, the ability to influence at an executive level, and the ability to tell customized end-to-end headcount progress-to-goal and movement story will be critical for success. Additionally, this person would be asked to help grow a team around them and pioneer new efforts in the realm. There would be some individual work involved to properly tell stories with data.
The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to be a member of a team innovating and solving some of the world's toughest problems? You can expect all the challenges and benefits of a high growth business: lots of room for improvement and innovation, a close-knit team that cares about one another as humans, and a fast-paced environment. These will require a willingness to dive into the details, solve new problems as they arise, leverage high judgment and gut instinct, look around corners, and always obsess over customers. Everyone on the team wears multiple hats, and ownership our end-products is key.
• 7+ years of experience in business analytics, statistical analysis, workforce planning, operations, or supply chain management
• 3+ Experience with SQL, data warehousing, statistical analysis tools, Microsoft Excel, and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Amazon QuickSight; experience extracting and processing data using SQL and Excel
• 2+ years Experience as a team lead or manager
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics or other applicable/quantitative field.An advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
• Understanding of data modeling
• Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and big data.
• Experience with one or more of the statistical modeling languages/ toolboxes and/or scripting languages (R, SAS,Python, VBA)
• Experience using test/control methodology, and using machine learning techniques
• Write concise documents communicating results to stakeholders and visualize data to drive decision making
• Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities are critical to success in this position
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top