WiFi has become a critical component to every home worldwide. eero, an Amazon Company, is the first product to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to make sure you never have to worry about connectivity ever again. We believe customers' deserve the best connectivity and smart home experience possible. To find out more about eero, please visit eero.com.
About the Role:
eero is looking for a highly proficient, hands-on Systems SDE to help define and implement the next chapter of eeros mesh and connectivity experience. You'll work on a newly established team exploring the future of where eero's technologies can go. As part of eero's mission to reinvent wifi, you'll be making a difference in the fabric of the modern home.
Within eero's "Office of the CTO," this team works with a start-up mentality solving complex and varied problems. You'll work closely with cross-functional eero and Amazon colleagues to push the state of the art in home connectivity forward. Those excited to solve complex and ambiguous problems touching many subject matter areas will fit perfectly within the group. Breadth, depth, pragmatism, initiative, and strong ownership are highly valued for this role.
• Investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility in order to deliver new customer experiences
• Act as a bridge between wifi teams working on different platforms and provide them with the necessary platform on which to build
• Collaborate with peers across engineering, product, and design to shape our product vision and build exciting customer features
• Work closely with other eero, Amazon, and vendor teams
• Increase quality and quantity of the coverage of our automated tests on eeroOS
• Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
• 2+ years writing production systems in Go
• 5+ years of relevant engineering experience developing applications
• Hands-on technical expertise with Linux, distributed systems, and networking technologies such as DHCP, DNS, IPv6, firewalls
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to other engineers and managers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.