We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join our systems organization. You love to work with internal and external customers to execute projects and resolve issues. You are a believer in the dev-ops model of service engineering, and you are excited to run operations in an environment where developers don't toss problems over the wall. And you are happiest when you are working with empowered, world-class engineers to meet world-class challenges. Finally, with your strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
AWS Cryptography and Identity are building and delivering the next generation of cloud computing security. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable distributed security systems involving identity management, federation, web services security, and much more. We enable our customers to control some of the most sensitive secrets on the Internet.
In this role, you will join a team of highly talented engineers operating Cryptography and Identity systems. This is a great opportunity to have direct impact to some of the largest-scaled systems in the world and work with some of the smartest people in the industry, while having a huge impact.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
• 1+ years of systems administration or engineering experience
• 1+ years of systems management/administration automation experience
• 1+ years of Agile methods and processes experience
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field.
• Experience in a 24x7 production environment, especially one based on Linux.
• Development of systems automation in a scripting language: Perl, Python, or Ruby.
• Familiarity with the AWS SDK or CLI.
• Good troubleshooting skills at all levels, from application to network to host.
• Experience with performance testing and tuning.
• Deployment or development experience with automation or monitoring frameworks.
• Experience with large distributed systems and web services.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS with polygrah a plus!
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.