Systems Engineer I
- Arlington, VA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Systems Engineer to join the team responsible for maintaining the availability, security, and stability of its Amazon Kinesis service. Amazon Kinesis makes it easy to collect, process, and analyze real-time, streaming data so you can get timely insights and react quickly to new information. Amazon Kinesis offers key capabilities to cost-effectively process streaming data at any scale, along with the flexibility to choose the tools that best suit the requirements of your application. With Amazon Kinesis, you can ingest real-time data such as video, audio, application logs, website clickstreams, and IoT telemetry data for machine learning, analytics, and other applications.
You will be supporting the U.S. Intelligence Community and Defense agencies to implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve unique technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies and become a core part of the largest cloud infrastructure on the planet? Our Systems Engineers work in a fast-paced environment with our multi-disciplined service teams to deliver Kinesis's cutting-edge service to our customers.
You will conduct DevOps responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Troubleshooting device, network, and/or configuration related issues
• Identifying, designing, and implementing solutions that improve automation, monitoring, and messaging throughout the Kinesis service
• Identifying, documenting, and communicating engineering and operations recommendations to team members
• Writing and disseminating after action reports capturing key events, actions taken, and future mitigation plans
• Project ownership from ordering hardware to deployment of the software that runs Kinesis
• Participating in an on-call rotation
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport. By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
• 1 year Linux systems engineering experience
• 1 year networking experience (TCP/IP)
• 1 year experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments
• Experience in at least one of: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
• Experience in 24x7 production environments
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Basic Qualifications
• Experience with cloud computing technologies
• Experience with load balancing technologies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong trouble-shooting skills
• Performance and log analysis experience
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top