As a Systems Engineer working for Amazon's Data Center Global Services team, you will work with the Data Scientists who study the operational performance of the AWS data center platform. You will build and support systems needed for analytical reports, statistical studies and data visualizations. You will use your skills administering systems on Amazon's corporate network and in the AWS cloud.
The right candidate understands how to work with data. They will design processes to move data to and from a data warehouse by creating ETL jobs or designing custom processes. This means being comfortable with SQL and scripting languages.
We love and use many of the AWS products on our team. The candidate should be comfortable with working within this environment.
Our team provides services for other internal teams to access and visualize data. The right candidate will take a leading role in maintaining the availability of this service. This includes ensuring that the systems are backed up and can be restored, planning and executing software upgrades, monitoring availability, and managing the onboarding of new internal customers.
- 5 years Windows/Linux systems administration
- Ability to write automation scripts in Python, Ruby or Perl
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to take ownership of technical issues brought by their customer base. If unable to resolve certain issues on his or her own, the candidate demonstrates a willingness to actively engage other support teams to drive it to resolution.
- AWS products
- Data analysis
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top