Systems Engineer - AWS Marketplace
- Seattle, WA
Do you enjoy helping agencies in the U.S. Intelligence Community implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
We're looking for a customer dedicated Systems Engineer to join our Special Regions Engineering Team in AWS Marketplace. You will be an important member of a team split across two locations (Seattle, WA and Herndon, VA) using cutting edge AWS technology to help deliver fast, stable, operationally excellent applications and services that will delight our customers. You'll embrace the opportunity to tackle challenging problems in a fast pace environment that is rapidly expanding. You'll use your influence to continually improve the operational effectiveness for services operating in Special US Government AWS regions.
Come join the AWS Marketplace, in our mission to change the way software is bought and sold! AWS Marketplace enables software sellers to reach all AWS customers; and enables software buyers to easily discover, purchase and consume software. Our goals include enriching the platform to support more diverse selection, improving buyer and seller experience and implementing new ideas to add new dimensions to the product. Our vision is to make AWS Marketplace one stop shop for buying and selling software just like Amazon.com is for retail.
At AWS we work hard. Have fun. Make history. Be Legendary!
What You'll Do - "A day in the life" might include the following:
• Function as technical, engineering and operational leader in Special Government AWS regions.
• Cultivate relationships with developers, engineers and other technology partners to understand their infrastructure needs.
• As a Systems Engineer, you'll act as a point of escalation while providing mentorship and technical guidance to team-mates, as well as evangelizing best practices and methodologies.
• Design systems management solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention.
• Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation.
• Develop appropriate metrics and monitors to ensure operational excellence for services being supported.
• Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources.
• Write and contribute to project plans, engineering level documentation, and develop operational excellent standard operating procedures and run books.
• Join a variety of teams' weekly operations meetings and provide guidance and leadership regarding the Government special regions.
• Travel as required to our partner office on a limited basis.
• Participate in an 24x7x365 on-call rotation as needed.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
• 1+ years of DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Systems Administration, Network Administration or other enterprise production experience in similar environments
• 1+ years experience in 24x7 production or mission critical environments
• Hands on Experience with Linux administration or other UNIX variants (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, Solaris, etc)
• 1+ years experience with scripting languages in one or more of the following: (Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell, Powershell)
• Experience with standard Internet protocols and networking fundamentals such as (Ethernet, TCP/IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, SSL, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, etc...)
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• 3+ years of DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) or enterprise production experience in similar environments.
• Experience deploying or managing services in large-scale, geographically diverse environments.
• Experience with capacity planning, utilization review & performance monitoring.
• Familiarity with Load Balancers and Firewalls.
• Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
• Exposure to Virtualization Technologies (VMware, Xen, Hyper-V).
• Proficiency in delivering technical solutions within Cloud Computing solutions (preferably AWS).
• Experience with security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top