Amazon Web Services is looking for talented System Engineers who have a passion for Big Data. Come join the team that is building a disruptive service for processing Big Data streams. Our globally distributed service must be able to process million records per second, and scale to handle over 50x that traffic. It is equally critical that our platform provide highly available, highly reliable processing of data in near-realtime. If you're excited about building a distributed system capable of handling exabytes of data, this is your dream job.
The successful Systems Engineer will be instrumental in building, operating, and scaling a massive near-realtime distributed system. We are looking for someone who is super smart, passionate about operational excellence at a large scale, and thrives on tackling new challenges.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to have you on board. AWS is changing the world, and this is a great opportunity this is a great opportunity to help launch a new platform.
You will be expected to deliver on these kinds of things in the first twelve months on the job:
- Participate in all phases of the development of a large distributed system: providing hardware, manageability, operability and performance perspectives
- Develop system management scripts/tools to automate operational tasks
- Manage fleet inventory, including producing, maintaining, and evolving capacity plans for various components
- Monitor the health of the fleet, automating system health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed
- Troubleshoot, perform various system maintenance tasks (your hands get dirty here) and participate in on-call rotation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- 4+ years experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments
- 4+ years experience in at least two of: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
- Experience with and strong working knowledge of Linux and associated Linux tools/languages
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark or other Big Data processing platforms
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
- Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
- Experience managing large server fleets
- Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top