Do you enjoy helping U.S. Intelligence Community and Defense agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve unique technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies and become a core part of the largest cloud infrastructure on the planet? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Systems Engineer III to support Kinesis.
Amazon Kinesis makes it easy to collect, process, and analyze real-time, streaming data so you can get timely insights and react quickly to new information. Amazon Kinesis offers key capabilities to cost-effectively process streaming data at any scale, along with the flexibility to choose the tools that best suit the requirements of your application. With Amazon Kinesis, you can ingest real-time data such as video, audio, application logs, website clickstreams, and IoT telemetry data for machine learning, analytics, and other applications.
We're looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team in our Arlington, VA location. In this role, you will conduct DevOps responsibilities in support of Kinesis. This will include identifying and resolving issues, automating repetitive processes, and working closely with development teams. You will dive deep into system architectures and logs, drive prioritization of operational issues, to become a subject-matter expert with the architecture of our systems.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• 10+ years of Linux experience
• 10+ years of systems engineering experience
• 10+ years of systems management/administration automation experience
• 5+ years of Agile methods and processes experience.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
• 15+ years of Linux experience
• 15+ years of systems engineering experience
• 15+ years of systems management/administration automation experience
• 10+ years of Agile methods and processes experience.
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
• Advanced knowledge of configuration management systems, such as: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or related systems.
• Exposure to massive-scaled distributed systems
• Experience with SQL scripts and database administration
• Experience in a 24x7 production environment, esp. one based on Linux
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.