- Seattle, WA
This is an exciting opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team in either: Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, or Herndon, VA. Come work with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative technology companies anywhere.
How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You want to automate common and complex tasks in distributed fault-tolerant systems that operate at scale. You love to dive deep into data to identify the root causes of issues impacting performance and availability. You find data center build-outs, performance engineering, and other scaling activities to be a joy. Finally, you insist upon giving customers what they want: high quality, highly usable, always-on services.
The perfect candidate will have deep experience working with Linux, preferably in large scale, distributed environments; and be very comfortable with networking and distributed architecture topics. You will have enthusiasm for digging deep and a flare for sharp technical communication, prioritization and organization.
Together, we'll deliver the next generation of industry-leading cloud features and help every business run on the cloud. We'll design, develop, and deploy the most scalable and distributed platforms in the world. We'll shape not just our own products, but the direction of the industry through our choices!
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. A successful clearance crossover to AWS is required prior to a Day 1 start.
• Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
• Experience in 24x7 production environments
• 5+ years Linux experience and associated tools/languages
• 3+ year experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments
• 3+ year experience in at least two of: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
• Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
• Experience managing large server fleets
• Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top