Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. To meet the growing demand for AWS Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented and dedicated people.
We are looking for an experienced leader with deep expertise in designing and supporting enterprise-scale infrastructure. Infrastructure is the hardware, software, and networks used to develop, test, monitor, control, or support internal engineering teams. You will be responsible leading the design, implementation and quality of services you/team delivers.
The ideal candidate will draw upon technical background, technical leadership, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills that provides innovative solutions to support development teams. The candidate should be open to new challenges, good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. Candidates should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
You'll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a highly respected customer experience. This is a fast-paced position, and you'll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products' performance, quality and cost. We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• Experience deploying systems and applications in an enterprise environment
• Experience writing code to automate the management of IT/Infrastructure services
• Experience in automation via scripting and configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, CloudFormation, Terraform) and programming experience in Python or Perl
• Extensive experience deploying and operating Linux or other UNIX variants in a datacenter environment.
• Technical leadership experience as a team lead or program manager
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on operational excellence
• Experience working with high-availability, distributed systems and services in a hosting environment including hardware, OS, storage, network, and database solutions
• Experience in the development and rollout of technical operations processes and new services
• Experience automating software deployments and following a continuous delivery and deployment model
• Experience with DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP and other common network protocols
• Experience with system analysis and troubleshooting in large-scale Linux environment
• Experience with database technology, both relational and NoSQL
• Proficiency in one or more of Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash or Java.
• Working knowledge of agile development methods
• Working knowledge of data structures/algorithms.• Knowledge of standard internet protocols (IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, SSL, DNS, HTTP, etc.)
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.