Does working hard, making history and having fun resonate with your professional lifestyle? Are you exited by opportunities to work hands with technology and develop and lead your own teams to produce solutions that an entire enterprise depends on to deliver in multiple locations world wide? Do you derive a greater sense of purpose when you know your services are relied on by many other teams to succeed in their respective roles every hour of every day? Are you driven to reduce redundant, time consuming human effort through and increase service reliability through automation and tooling? If so, this may be the role you have been looking for."
The mission of the Corporate Infrastructure Team is to deliver robust, highly available, and easy to use services to our internal customers across the global enterprise. At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers at all levels. This leader must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. A successful SysDev Manager will drive DevOps and the design and implementation of new services, find ways to improve and automate our existing services, and provide escalation and mentoring for junior team members. The right candidate for this position has a strong and diverse technical background that allows them to approach any problem with confidence and ingenuity. They must be a "lifelong learner", embracing the rapid innovations in technology and understanding how to leverage them to continue to improve our products. They will be "Customer Obsessed", working closely with our customers to understand their pain points and find resolution quickly and completely. They will have a keen eye for potential problems and inefficiencies, and the initiative and drive to provide a complete solution to the problem. They will need to communicate clearly and collaborate with others to deliver results with minimal supervision. This leader must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering.
If you are a technical, detail-oriented leader who can build and grow teams; excel at hiring and developing both systems level and application level engineers. This is the role for you! You develop and lead a charter that grows as your organization grows. The services you will own operate at large scale 24 X 7 X 365 to enable other teams and service operations critical to national security. A heightened sense of ownership, bias for action, and discipline around operational excellence is key You will look beyond what your team can do and is delivering today to understand the needs of your customers and then develop your teams skills and move your teams forward to deliver rapid iterative service innovations that continually raise the bar among measurable service delivery performance metrics and customer sentiment. Finally, with your strong ownership bias, you will continually improve how things are done.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• Drive continual improvement in systems operations through tool building and automation.
• Participate in the definition of the roadmap for our services - including brand new ones - in collaboration with our product managers, other development and engineering managers, and engineers.
• Help design and build and environment that converges Windows and AWS environments into fully CI/CD compliant pipelines.
• Scale our services: lead the planning, hardware selection, costing, and provisioning of new capacity, including involvement in the sales process.
• Define and drive projects and report on their progress.
• Report on the health of these services at an executive level.
• Collaborate with and learn from world-class leaders to meet world-class challenges, every day
• Work in an environment where operational excellence is truly the first priority, and where the degree of automation is above bar.
This position may require on-call rotations with a one hour response time to site.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must be willing to obtain or currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Sciences, or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years of relevant hands-on systems engineering and administrative experience in networking, storage systems, operating systems
• 5+ years of experience as the systems engineering and operations leader for an Internet service or leading-edge IT organization operating in a 24x7 environment
• COMPTIA Security + CE, CASP or CISSP certification
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• AWS Certification related to DevOps/SysOps on AWS
• Experience utilizing AWS cloud solutions in a DevOps environment
• Demonstrated success building and leading teams
• Strong systems engineering fundamentals (networking, storage, operating systems)
• Experience designing and implementing Active Directory environments
• Development experience with PowerShell (preferred), Python, Ruby, or Java
• Leading development life cycle processes and best practices, esp. in the areas of deployment automation and monitoring
• Agile engineering practices (Kanban, continuous delivery, etc.)
• Mentoring/training systems engineers and systems development engineers
• Experience with distributed systems at scale
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.