Systems Development Engineer - WiFi
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Systems Development Engineer - Wifi, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to innovate and deliver high-performance, low-power, stable connecitivity platform for world class consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. You will drive innovative new wireless technologies into Amazon products. In this role, you will:
- Design, develop and enhance Wifi software for Amazon's consumer products;
- Optimize Wifi performance and power consumption for connectivity platforms;
- Engage with vendors to integrate Wifi chipset solutions;
- Collaborate with other software teams to design and deliver unique customer features on top of Wifi for next-gen Amazon products;
- Provide Amazon Customer Support technical assistance to trouble shoot customer issues;
- Experience with developing, optimizing and maintaining embedded systems
- Hands-on experience in delivering Wifi based products
- Knowledge of IEEE802.11/Wifi protocols such as Wifi Direct, WMM, WPA, 802.11n/ac, and etc.
- Experience with Wifi development and debugging tools such as protocol analyzer
- Experience with Android and Linux development on kernel, device drivers, and frameworks
- 3+ years of experience in software development using C/C++
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Have prior experience with Wifi solutions from one or more major Wifi chipset vendors
- Experience in working with connectivity vendors, especially in the context of component selection and qualification.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP internals and common network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, HTTP, and etc.
- Knowledge with Bluetooth Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy, and ZigBee pr protocols
- Experience in making WiFi coexist with BlueTooth and ZigBee.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Masters degree
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top