Systems Development Engineer II, Network Security
- Minneapolis, MN
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we provide world-class, flexible, scalable, and secure cloud services to the world's fastest-growing startups, the largest enterprises, and leading government agencies. We do this by building, maintaining, and securing one of the largest, most complex networks in the world. Within AWS, the Network Security Organization Threat and Vulnerability Management (NSO-TVM) team is responsible for threat intelligence, vulnerability management, security information and event management (SIEM), incident response, and overall network security across the entire AWS global network.
The AWS NSO-TVM team is looking for a Systems Development Engineer to build and scale the systems and software used for our security information and event management (SIEM) and detection engineering services. In this role, you will gather and prioritize internal customer requirements, design and build large scale data transformation and transportation systems, and work side-by-side with security engineers and software developers. You will identify improvement opportunities within existing frameworks, tools, and processes and develop the technical solutions by which improve their effectiveness. Successful candidates will be interested in being part of a high-bar team with global responsibility for network security across all of Amazon's businesses.
AWS leads and innovates. We don't just buy off-the-shelf software or follow others. We research and pursue the best approach for the business, whether that's building new solutions or leveraging existing ones. Amazon Web Services, and the Network Security Organization in particular, operate at massive scale and as a result, demand the highest standards, passion, and discipline for information security and software engineering. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must for this role.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of three (3) years of systems or software development experience with an emphasis on architecture, design, and scaling of new and existing systems
• Experience with cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability (SQS, SNS, S3, Dynamo, Glue, Athena, Kinesis, etc.)
• Deep knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, Golang, Java, Ruby, C, etc.)
• Experience in data engineering (large structured and unstructured data sets, map-reduce, ETL pipelines, SQL, Pandas)
• Experience with security information and event management (SIEM) systems
• Experience interfacing with external systems and APIs
• UNIX (preferably Linux) systems experience and a solid grasp on operating system fundamentals
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• The ability to understand complex service requirements and work backwards from the customer to define actionable goals
• Excellent communication and data presentation skills that allow you to clearly, compellingly, and effectively influence audiences internally and externally, across organizational boundaries
Back to top