Systems Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
The Anti-DDoS team is the frontline defense for all DDoS threats world-wide, against all Amazon & AWS customers and services. Our architecture must be highly scalable, performant, and continually evolve against threats as they emerge.
The Anti-DDoS team is looking for systems development engineers to dive deep into the automation that keeps our global fleet available, performant, and resilient so that our customers remain protected. The ideal candidate has strong technical background in systems engineering, automation, and networking concepts. Existing experience in network security a plus!
Candidates who enjoy the challenges of an ever-changing landscape to automate availability, has deep analytical skills and excellent communication skills will find the Anti-DDoS team to be inline with their interests and desire for a challenge. You must be able to highly collaborate, be creative, analytical and thrive in fast-paced environments, all while interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams.
• 5+ years of Systems Engineering experience in Linux / Unix
• 2+ years networking experience (TCP/IP)
• 2+ year experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments.
• Experience in at least two of: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
• 1+ years of experience building automated tools in Python, Java and/or Ruby
• Experience with open-source technologies
• Experience with agile software development practices
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
• Experience with maintaining distributed systems and web services
• Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Automation, testing or monitoring framework development
• Experience on cloud computing
• Self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (resilient to hazards of "analysis paralysis")
• Strong sense of ownership and drive
• Experience operating large scale systems
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top