We are currently looking for a Systems Development Engineer to join our systems organization in Seattle You love to work with internal and external customers to execute projects and resolve issues. You are a believer in the dev-ops model of service engineering, and you are excited to run operations in an environment where developers don't toss problems over the wall. And you are happiest when you are working with empowered, world-class engineers to meet world-class challenges. Finally, with your strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
AWS Cryptography and Identity are building and delivering the next generation of cloud computing security. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable distributed security systems involving identity management, federation, web services security, and much more. We enable our customers to control some of the most sensitive secrets on the Internet.
In this role, you will join a team of highly talented engineers operating Cryptography and Identity systems. This is a great opportunity to have direct impact to some of the largest-scaled systems in the world and work with some of the smartest people in the industry, while having a huge impact.
A successful Engineer joining the team will do much more than write code and triage problems. You will work with Amazon's largest and most demanding customers to address specific needs across a full suite of services. You will dive deep into technical issues and work diligently to improve the customer experience.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". You will love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
• 3+ years relevant work experience
• Experience in automation via shell scripting/Perl/Python/Ruby programming
• Experience with at least one modern scripting or programming language (C++, Java, Python, Ruby, etc.)
• Experience with security best practices in server configuration, tool development, Linux operating system and access controls
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or a related field
• Knowledge of databases like MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, or MongoDB
• Experience in a 24/7 production environment
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Experience conducting failure mode analysis in complex distributed systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
• Comfortable working across multiple teams and organizations in a diverse environment
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive to launch new services
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Strong networking knowledge
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS with polygraph a plus!
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.