Amazon Photos helps consumers preserve and re-live their memories. The service comes with unlimited photo storage for Prime members and apps are available on iOS, Android, Web, Desktop, Fire Tablet & Fire TV. The service is also integrated into Alexa devices such as Echo Show and Echo Spot. Amazon Photos is the latest digital offering to consumers released on the heels of the Amazon Music and Amazon Video offerings. We have ambitious goals to scale growth and adoption of the service around the world and delight our customers with a great product.
As a Systems Development Engineer in our team, you will focus on securing the customer , keeping the product highly available and solving customer issues with automations and tool developments. You go deep into technologies and distributed systems with ~30K transactions per second. You would be amazed by the amount of learning and the kind of impact you would be making to our Amazon Photos Customers.
Specifically, You will play an active role in designing and building robust, secure and scalable services and tools for Amazon Photos to solve customer issues and comply with legal requirements. You will help solve a variety of technical challenges across multiple levels of the technology stack that Amazon Photos Software is deployed to. You will work with a team of engineers to ensure the bar is kept at its highest. You will be working on a variety of technologies ranging from Python, Java, Web frameworks and . You will work on challenging, situations daily and given the size of this initiative, you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams across Amazon. Understanding how systems, services and protocols all work together and how to scale these environments to a massive scale while driving automation will provide all the challenges you could hope for. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that may have never existed.
• Design and Build large scale tools and services
• Solve complex technical problems with automated solutions that are testable, maintainable, and efficient
• Collaborate with software development teams to improve and optimize the Amazon ecosystem
• Automate and simplify team development, test, and operations processes
• Understand the system architecture. Make technical trade-off decisions at application level
• Ability to program fluently in at least one structured language such as Python, Perl, Java or C/C++
• Understanding of key networking concepts such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc), OSI model, DNS
• Passion for building tools and automation that help provide a great customer experience
• Understand how enterprise level services, mobile and web application, operating systems and network devices function, perform and scale
• Working with native technologies.
• Strong understanding and skill with Unix/Linux
• 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer, DevOps or similar role
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.