Systems Development Engineer - Enterprise Networking
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Enterprise Network enables the connectivity needs for hundreds of thousands of Amazon employees and AWS data center corporate network customers around the world. This organization develops and operates the platform that Amazon's businesses rely on to grow and scale by leveraging AWS Cloud Infrastructure where-ever possible.
The Enterprise Network Software and Systems team's mission is to maximize network availability and eliminate work required by humans. We build and own: telemetry systems that can monitor, alert and remediate networking events; foundational services that support network devices (think ingestion and enrichment of millions of logs per minute) at scale; and systems that allow us to rapidly configure, deploy and scale our network. We are looking for an exceptional SysDev Engineer who is passionate about cloud computing and reshaping customer experiences at scale. You will have good knowledge of AWS Products, DevOps patterns, and mature CICD processes that will help build the next generation of services that enable self-healing for our systems and minimize the work required of humans. Our ideal candidate will lead and mentor other Engineers, be exceptionally customer-centric and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires excellent technical and communication skills.
You will join a team of tenured Software, Systems and Network development Engineers who are instrumental in driving the stability and sustainability of our network and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as Amazon expands to hundreds of corporate offices, data centers and other locations worldwide.
As a team we proactively support knowledge-sharing and we embrace opportunities to teach company-wide. Since every business at Amazon relies on a network that runs smoothly, the right candidate will guide the business and communicate value, work collaboratively to develop pragmatic yet flexible solutions and move forward in the face of ambiguity. The candidate should be willing to build good working relationships within the team and across AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 3+ year(s) developing system management / automation software in Perl, Python, Ruby, or Java.
• Experience working with Linux/Unix environments.
• Understanding of the building blocks of computer networks
• Ability to gather customer requirements and deliver innovative solutions.
• Ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
• Strong problem solving and coding skills.
• Ability to architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate tools and services with a security, scalability, and performance mindset.
• Experience building services using AWS products.
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines build processes.
• Previous experience with infrastructure automation (e.g. automated provisioning of network devices, experience with networking technologies such as TGW, VPC or serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda).
• Experience with software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, release and change management).
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top