Systems Development Engineer - Enterprise Engineering
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Enterprise Engineering organization is looking for an experienced and fungible Systems Development Engineer with a strong infrastructure and development background. We are using AWS products to evolve traditional enterprise tools and services - if you are passionate about AWS and have experience automating large-scale infrastructure services, keep reading.
You and your team will work with internal Amazon service owners and AWS product teams to develop new services and solutions that give enterprise IT customers more choice and self-service platforms that we offer our global workforce. You will influence AWS product roadmaps and build new solutions as needed to raise the bar for security, automation, and operational excellence for Amazon's corporate infrastructure.
In this role, you will build the tools and services that move our core network services in to the infrastructure-as-code age, enable self-healing for our systems, and provide capabilities that enable other Amazon service owners to do the same. You will use AWS products, DevOps patterns, and mature CICD processes to build the next generation of infrastructure services and management tools.
We are looking for a motivated builder to inspire our teams and deliver results to our customers. This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from strategic planning to new system development to supporting the customers that depend on your services. You will deliver consistent, well-defined results in an agile systems development workflow. To succeed in this role, you will deliver on-time results that delight your customers while inspiring your team to think big about their work. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to speak with you.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead automation efforts for a team advancing a service ownership culture
• Embrace the AWS ecosystem and drive innovation on top of it
• Instill a culture that drives DevOps, hold a high quality bar with code reviews, drive automation efforts to empower, and remove barriers for your team
• Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Hands-on leadership for your team; working with others on the engineering team to guide the day-to-day development activities, leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design reviews, and implementation.
• Build services that can scale across six continents for hundreds of thousands of Amazonians worldwide
• Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Maintain current technical knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and work with management and development teams to evolve current processes.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
• 3+ years professional work experience.
• Experience deploying, supporting, and automating large fleets of servers.
• Experience in automation via Python and/or PowerShell programming.
• Knowledge of standard network protocols and services (e.g. DHCP, IP, UDP, TCP, SSL, DNS, HTTP, etc.).
• Ability to architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate tools and services with a security, scalability, and performance mindset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Mastery of the Python and/or PowerShell scripting language.
• Experience automating and configuring systems using AWS Systems Manager.
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines build processes.
• Experience working in an Agile environment using the Kanban methodology.
• Experience building services using AWS products.
• Previous experience with infrastructure automation (e.g. automated provisioning and remote configuration of infrastructure items such as servers, load balancers, databases, or serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda).
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top