Systems Development Engineer - Enterprise Engineering
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Enterprise Engineering organization is looking for an experienced Systems Development Engineer with a strong Windows-focused infrastructure and development background. We are using AWS products to evolve traditional enterprise tools and services at a large scale. If you are passionate about AWS and have experience automating large-scale Windows infrastructure deployments, keep reading.
You and your team will work with internal Amazon service owners and AWS product teams to develop new services and solutions that give enterprise IT customers more choice and self-service platforms that we offer our global workforce. You will influence AWS product roadmaps and build new solutions as needed to raise the bar for security, automation, and operational excellence for Amazon's corporate infrastructure.
In this role, you will build the tools and services that move our Windows-based systems into the infrastructure-as-code age, enable self-healing for our systems, and provide capabilities that enable other Amazon service owners to do the same. You will use AWS products and DevOps patterns to build the next generation of Windows-based management tools.
We are looking for a motivated builder to inspire our teams and deliver results to our customers. This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from strategic planning to new system development to supporting the customers that depend on your services. You will deliver consistent, well-defined results in an agile systems development workflow. To succeed in this role, you will deliver on-time results that delight your customers while inspiring your team to think big about their work. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to speak with you.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead automation efforts for a team advancing a service ownership culture with a primary focus on the Windows Server platform
• Embrace the AWS ecosystem and drive innovation on top of it
• Instill a culture that drives DevOps, holds a high-quality bar with code reviews, drives automation efforts to empower, and removes barriers for your team
• Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Hands-on leadership for your team; working with others on the engineering team to guide the day-to-day development activities, leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design reviews, and implementation.
• Build services that can scale across six continents for hundreds of thousands of Amazonians worldwide
• Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Maintain current technical knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and work with management and development teams to evolve current processes.
• 3+ years of professional work experience.
• 3+ years experience in automation via PowerShell and/or Python programming.
• Experience in automating, deploying, and supporting large scale Infrastructure.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Master in writing complex object-oriented code in programming languages, preferably Python, and/or PowerShell.
• Experience automating and configuring systems using the Desired State Configuration (DSC) in a large enterprise environment.
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline build processes.
• Experience building services using AWS products.
• Experience working in a high pace DevOps mindset culture.
• Experience working in an Agile environment using the Scrum methodology.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top