Systems Development Engineer - Client Engineering
- Seattle, WA
Our team is part of the AWS organization that owns the Client Management Systems, Application infrastructure, and Collaboration tools globally for Amazon. We build complex multi-platform solutions that help our customers get more done whilst improving their user experience.
We are looking for Systems Development Engineer with a Windows-focused infrastructure and development background. We are using AWS products to evolve traditional enterprise tools and services at a large scale. If you are passionate about AWS and have experience automating large-scale Windows infrastructure deployments, keep reading.
In this role, you and your team will directly influence the Windows end-point management at Amazon. You will use native AWS services, external 3rd party services and DevOps patterns to manage a growing fleet of Windows client devices. We are looking for a motivated team member to deliver results to our customers. This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from new system development to supporting the customers that depend on your services. You will use AWS products and DevOps patterns to build the next generation of Windows-based management tools.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Contribute to automation efforts for a team advancing a service ownership culture with a primary focus on the Windows client and AWS WorkSpaces platform
• Embrace the AWS ecosystem and drive innovation on top of it
• Instill a culture that drives DevOps, holds a high-quality bar with code reviews, drives automation efforts to empower, and removes barriers for your team
• Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Working with others on the engineering team to participate in day-to-day development activities, contributing to architecture decisions, participating in designs, design reviews, and implementation.
• Build services that can scale across hundred of thousands clients used by Amazonians worldwide
• Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Maintain current technical knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and work with management and development teams to evolve current processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
• 3+ years experience in automation via Python and/or PowerShell programming.
• Experience in automating, deploying, and supporting large scale Infrastructure.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational & NoSQL databases
• Experience with fleet provisioning and configuration management at scale
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline build processes.
• Experience building services using AWS products.
• Experience working in a high pace DevOps mindset culture.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top