Would you like to help implement innovative document collaboration solutions and solve complex technical problems? Do you have a passion and desire to engineer and operate large scale document storage, live editing and sharing tools for the world's most customer centric company?
AWS Enterprise Engineering is an internal tool building team seeking a technical expert to help us take our productivity tooling into the next decade and beyond. We are seeking a talented engineer skilled in services such as SharePoint and Office productivity tools, with AWS microservices experience, and who understands the Agile mindset and DevOps philosophies. However, you should not be constrained by how "things are usually done" and be willing to decompose and reinvent systems, processes, and tools. If you possess that rare mix of depth in Development, Operations and Systems Engineering then we are waiting for your application.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a "typical" day engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about technology, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the relentless growth of Amazon.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing and building services that scale for millions of global users
• Driving new innovation in the AWS ecosystem
• Working as part of a team to deliver new, highly scalable software solutions
• Expanding your own skills by constantly learning and experimenting with new tools and ideas to evolve your team's processes
• Own the full stack of our products, from design/architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development
• 5+ years of experience in a Software Engineering, DevOps/SysOps, or Systems Engineering capacity in a large-scale software development environment
• 5+ years of Microsoft based Systems Engineering experience
• 3+ years of Linux based Systems Engineering experience
• 5+ years of development experience in PowerShell, Python, or related languages.
• 3+ years of Agile methods and processes experience.
• Experience with AWS Services - AWS Certified SysOps Administrator or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent Engineering discipline
• 7+ years of development experience in PowerShell, Python or related languages.
• 5+ years of Agile methods and processes experience.
• Advanced knowledge of configuration management systems, such as: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or related systems.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.