Are you interested in making an impact and partnering with various Amazon businesses including our e-Commerce websites, Prime, Alexa and AWS? Ever wonder how it feels to have hundreds of thousands of users counting on you to be performant, innovative and adaptable? Access Management Systems (AMS) is the group for you! We are responsible for the protection of customer and corporate data, while being connected to all parts of Amazon's business and its massive worldwide service-oriented architecture. Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems in the cloud or a software developer who likes to solve interesting and complex business problems, AMS is the place for you.
We are looking for a Systems Development Engineer to design and build large scale, highly impactful automation in support of Permissions and Access Management Systems with company-wide reach. There is ample opportunity to innovate and deliver high impact outcomes. You will collaborate with the leadership team to drive key engineering and business decisions that will influence the Amazon system developer experience. You will contribute to all parts of the system development and deployment lifecycle across the entire Amazon development community, including design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and operations across multiple products. Successful candidates for this position will have strong systems engineering fundamentals and a good grasp of software development concepts and design. Possessing strong verbal and written communication skills, being dedicated, innovative, and delivering high quality results in a fast paced environment is expected. You also need to really enjoy working closely with their peers within a group of very talented engineers.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience
• 3+ year of experience working with Linux operating system development
• 3+ year of software development experience in a combination of any of the following languages: C++, Java, C#, Python or Ruby
• Breadth of experience covering the "stack" of front-end web user interfaces and web servers through to back-end analysis and storage systems
• Ability to perform deep-dive technical troubleshooting
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience
• Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications at massive scale
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.