Systems Development Engineer - AWS S3 Frontend Services
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers are able to durably store their data on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
The S3 Frontend team is responsible for ensuring that API requests exceed customers performance and availability expectations. You will be working with the S3 Frontend Reconciliation team who are creating a self-aware and self-healing system so that millions of customer requests every second are routed to the optimal destination. Our engineers are experts at distributing this traffic and solving problems that you could only see while working on a system as large as S3.
We're looking for technology leaders for the largest storage service on the internet. This position is perfect for you if you're interested in creating tools and automation so that engineers can be as hands-off as possible. We want our service to be as autonomous as possible and that can only be done by having bright individuals who understand how to think big, simplify solutions to complex, never before seen problems; all while ensuring that the customer continues to have the best experience possible. We are not looking for engineers that are interested in performing operational work all day but instead engineers who thrive on creating automation to reduce the operational workload.
You should be an engineer who is focused on developing internal services written in Python, Java, C or a similar language. You also have a comfortable understanding of Linux, networking and cloud services. As always, at Amazon you should have a drive to create the best customer experience possible, with the customers being both AWS customers and the other engineers at AWS who will benefit from the automation you create.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience.
- 4+ years experience programming in at least two of: Python, Java, C, Ruby, Perl, PHP
- Have a comfortable understanding of Linux and networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TLS.
- Have used AWS or similar solutions to drive automation
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Have worked on highly concurrent, high throughput systems with knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience mentoring more junior developers
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Understanding of Linux fundamentals
- Excellent understanding of networking protocols
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top