Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Systems Automation Engineer for the Optical Network Automation team. The engineers within our team are instrumental in to help drive the stability and sustainability of AWS next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale network as AWS expands globally.
The candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Systems Automation Engineers work hand-in-hand with Software Development teams and Networking teams to help automate and invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Network. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, Systems Automation Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience in a similar environment.
- 3+ years' Linux development experience
- 3+ years' experience on object-oriented design and coding (Python preferred)
- 3+ years' experience working with IP networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of major Internet routing protocols, Optical networking experience is advantageous but not compulsory.
- Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
- The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Excellent Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Substantial background in large-scale datacenter network implementations and support.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role