Do you want to shape the future of consumer electronics devices?
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronic devices, creating the best-selling Kindle, FireTV, Echo, and Ring family of products. What will you help us create?
We are growing fast and are looking for multi-disciplinary engineers that can work where firmware and electrical designs interact to architect solutions that delight our customers. You will work on products such as doorbells, security drones, and echo devices. In these products you will develop customer use cases, evaluate the design against those use cases, and drive hardware and firmware developed to ensure that the product works in all reasonable use cases.
For these products you will start with the customer and identify a use case. For each use case you will map through the electrical and firmware behavior to determine a method to achieve a desired result. You will frequently act as a problem solver, taking ambiguous or overly constrained issues and determining a path to a solution via hardware, architecture, or firmware design modifications.
Can you make the devices systems work as they should?
• BS in EE, Computer Engineering, Software Development or similar with 4+ years of experience in consumer product design.
• 4+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, debug, and embedded firmware development.
• Ability to review, understand, and provide guidance on C/C++ embedded code applications to meet hardware design needs.
• Ability to communicate clearly and guide global multidisciplinary teams.
• Electrical understanding of designs including power sequences, regulators, embedded communication busses, and power states.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Linux operating system knowledge + development experience
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Lithium Ion Battery experience.
• Experience influencing engineers best practices within your team
• Data Analysis skills
• Knowledge of low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, audio circuit design, and analog design
• Knowledge of mixed-signal board-level design
• Experience debugging multi-disciplinary challenges and developing test plans to validate multi-disciplinary interfaces.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//