Systems Development Engineer
- Arlington, VA
As a Systems Development Engineer at AWS, you are driving a wave of innovation and bringing sweeping changes to networking technology. You develop software and systems at every level of the stack that ensure operational excellence and allow our customers to be more agile, innovative, and efficient. On a daily basis you work closely with your teammates to bring adaptive and creative solutions to operational and business goals. At AWS, we are pushing the boundaries of what we can achieve every day, and we are a highly motivated and collaborative team of engineers who thrive on solving challenging problems.
Virtualization, incredible scale, hardware commoditization, and automation are revolutionizing networking and network software. In AWS Networking, we leverage big data technologies and analytics software to run one of the largest networks in the world. We push the boundaries of robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. This is your time to make history by building large-scale distributed software systems.
The Amazon network is composed of millions of heterogeneous network devices, all of which need to be managed in a consistent manner, abstracted away from platform-specific differences, and reduced in complexity for our customers. The Network State Master (NSM) team has an exciting charter to provide an authoritative view of the state of the Amazon Network. The NSM team is also responsible for building and scaling search services across AWS network devices, interfaces and links. We are the primary source of network state data and our team offers a set of services and APIs which work in tandem to share this authoritative view with the core services needed to run the AWS network.
Do you believe that good systems design is about looking around corners and designing to scale? Are you passionate about using technology to solve problems that have a huge impact?
Come build the future of networking at AWS.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
• 3+ years professional experience in systems or software automation development
• 2+ years experience engineering operationally sound solutions in a Linux-based, enterprise environment
• Proficiency in at least one modern system programming language (e.g., Java, Python, C/C#)
• Experience with modern software development practices including agile methodologies and DevOps.
• Familiarity with building native cloud solutions, asynchronous messaging, and network protocolsA
• Ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines and functions in a team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top