Does working hard, making history and having fun resonate with your professional lifestyle? Are you exited by opportunities to work hands with technology and develop and lead your own teams to produce solutions that an entire enterprise depends on to deliver in multiple locations world wide?
The Region Services Corporate Infrastructure Team is looking for an experienced Systems Development Engineer with a strong Windows-focused infrastructure and development background. We are using AWS products to evolve traditional enterprise tools and services at a large scale. If you are passionate about AWS and have experience automating large-scale Windows infrastructure deployments, keep reading.
You and your team will work with internal Amazon service owners and AWS product teams to develop new services and solutions that give enterprise IT customers more choice and self-service platforms that we offer our global workforce. You will influence AWS product roadmaps and build new solutions as needed to raise the bar for security, automation, and operational excellence for Amazon's corporate infrastructure.
In this role, you will build the tools and services that move our Windows-based systems into the infrastructure-as-code age, enable self-healing for our systems, and provide capabilities that enable other Amazon service owners to do the same. You will use AWS products and DevOps patterns to build the next generation of Windows-based management tools.
We are looking for a motivated builder to inspire our teams and deliver results to our customers. This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from strategic planning to new system development to supporting the customers that depend on your services. You will deliver consistent, well-defined results in an agile systems development workflow. To succeed in this role, you will deliver on-time results that delight your customers while inspiring your team to think big about their work. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to speak with you.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead automation efforts for a team advancing a service ownership culture with a primary focus on the Windows Server platform
• Embrace the AWS ecosystem and drive innovation on top of it
• Instill a culture that drives DevOps, holds a high-quality bar with code reviews, drives automation efforts to empower, and removes barriers for your team
• Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Hands-on leadership for your team; working with others on the engineering team to guide the day-to-day development activities, leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design reviews, and implementation.
• Build services that can scale across six continents for hundreds of thousands of Amazonians worldwide
• Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Maintain current technical knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and work with management and development teams to evolve current processes.
This position may require on-call rotations with a one hour response time to site.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors, and employees who work on or in connection with U.S government contracts must receive the COVID-19 vaccine, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson & Johnson).
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Sciences, or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of professional work experience.
• 5+ years experience in automation via Python and/or PowerShell programming.
• Experience in automating, deploying, and supporting large scale Infrastructure.
• COMPTIA Security + CE, CASP or CISSP certification
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• AWS Certification related to DevOps/SysOps on AWS
• Experience utilizing AWS cloud solutions in a DevOps environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Master in writing complex object-oriented code in programming languages, preferably Python, and/or PowerShell.
• Experience automating and configuring systems using the Desired State Configuration (DSC) in a large enterprise environment.
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline build processes.
• Experience building services using AWS products.
• Experience working in a high pace DevOps mindset culture.
• Experience working in an Agile environment using the Scrum methodology.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.