Systems Development Engineer
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Our ambition is to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online at the lowest possible prices. How do we get there? What does it take to solve our customers' everyday online shopping problems? Do our customers find what they are looking for? If they find what they are looking for, is it competitively priced? And if they find what they are looking for a competitive price, can it be delivered fast enough? In today's ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, how do we make sure that people across the globe can still get essential goods delivered to their homes as fast as possible? How do we reach people who are not native English speakers when there are over 7000 languages spoken in the world? How do we facilitate a seamless payment experience when there are over 180 currencies used in the world with diverse payment methods? How do we solve problems for people who have different shopping behaviors from our regular amazon.com shoppers?
We're a looking for a hands on Systems Development Engineer with expertise and passion for solving problems.
• You will be in designing, building, automating and testing new features
• You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers who will help you grow (and also learn things from you).
• You will understand what it takes to grow and operate Amazon business at our scale.
Software Engineer to be based in our European Headquarters in Luxembourg.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living.
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
• Programming experience with Java/C++ including object-oriented design
• Knowledge of architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling of systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• Experience in Java/C++
• Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• An interest in learning about complicated systems and architectures, and the drive to create software solutions within them.
• An ability to adapt, automate, configure existing systems and processes as required.
• Experience with agile software development practices
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top