Systems Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Directory Service team is looking for a passionate, experienced systems development engineer to join us in building a new service platform.
You'll be part of a truly innovative team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the platform's insane growth.
The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about the large opportunity this presents and about web services in general. This person has thrived and succeeded in building high quality services in a hyper-growth environment. If you're looking to solve challenging technical problems and create great products for customers, building automation to improve the service operationally then we would like to talk to you.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional systems development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, PowerShell, Java including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupations of Systems Engineer, Systems Developer, or related.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• Experience in Systems and Infrastructure Administration, DevOps.
• Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems
• Experience conducting failure mode analysis in complex distributed systems
• Experience creating, reviewing, and refining design and architecture documents presented by partner teams for operational readiness, fault tolerance and scalability
• Experience developing or furthering existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency
• Ability to adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth in systems and traffic
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
• Experience with agile software development practices
• Experience with AWS technologies (Simple WorkFlow, EC2, DynamoDB)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top