Systems Development Engineer
- Tokyo, Japan
Want to automate system support for one of the largest workforces in the world? Come and join the People Technology team. We are looking for an experienced Systems Development Engineer who is adaptable to support various systems deployed in multiple environments globally. The scale and growth of the systems we support provide continued opportunities to tackle new and challenging problems.
This team supports the computing infrastructure for PeopleSoft HCM and a variety of other applications that enable Amazon to manage time and attendance and related human resource needs. You are expected to hit the ground running, and continue to learn and grow your skillset to handle complex issues that arise from such large scale application installations which are growing at a record pace.
High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact across various groups.
Primary responsibilities include testing the limits of existing systems, and identify how to increase capacity and throughput to ensure that they will meet our needs in the future. This involves troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production system issues and then developing long term solutions to prevent issue reoccurrence. You will also develop monitoring and deployment solutions, perform system maintenance and configuration to proactively prevent issues. You will implement fixes for internally developed code, perform SQL queries, track and resolve technical challenges. Responsibilities also include working alongside development, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
- Manage and grow innovative, production-quality tools to solve real operational problems, in Python, Ruby and Shell.
- Investigate complicated technical issues programmatically, and assist in fixing them so they don't come back
- Understand how a global application stack works from top to bottom
- Know how to provide technical solutions to real business problems in a global organization
- Provide guidance and implement security enhancements
- Have a deep understanding of databases and how applications interact with them
- Calmly and quickly diagnose and fix critical system issues in high pressure situations
- System administration and engineering of servers, including deployments and maintaining application services. Deep understanding of Linux and solid understanding of MS Windows Server
- Application administration experience with PeopleSoft HCM
- Experience with PeopleTools 8.57+
- Experience with a variety of AWS technologies such as EC2, Lambda and S3.
- Adept at automation in one or more languages, such as Python and Ruby.
- Experience building and supporting IT solutions in an enterprise environment, including provisioning, patching, and performance management.
- Experience developing and supporting operationally critical services.
• Strong System Engineering background in supporting multiple systems on diverse platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
• Ability to identify, own, solve and resolve technical issues.
• Requirements gathering, business analysis, system configuration, design, testing, and support.
• Knowledge of - Web Logic, and Apache.
• Shell scripting experience.
• Oracle Database Administration experience.
• Quest STAT experience.
• Experience with Global Support team for 24/7 applications.
• Knowledge of ITIL best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top