Would you like to help implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve the most complex technical problems? Do you have a deep passion and desire to engineer and operate the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure to provide a better world for future generations?
Amazon Web Services is seeking the industry's top technical experts to grow our team dedicated to expanding our Storage, Automation, Monitoring and Messaging suite of services. We are seeking a talented engineer, skilled in the art of integration, who understands the Agile mindset and DevOps philosophies, yet is not constrained by how "things are usually done" and is willing to deconstruct and reinvent systems, processes, and tools.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain world class experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that first class service is critical to customer success.
If you possess that rare mix of experience in Development, Operations, Networking, and Systems Engineering then we are waiting for your application.
• Linux experience 10+ years
• Development experience in Python, Go, Ruby, or related languages 10+ years
• Experience of Agile methods and processes 10+ years
• Advanced knowledge of configuration management systems, such as: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or related systems 10+ years
• Ability to participate in an on-call rota
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent Engineering discipline
• Experience with service orientated architectures
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
• Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
• Experience of multithreaded, distributed development
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role