Amazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, performance, reliability and scale and it is critical to the success of all AWS customers.
AWS Networking is looking for a Systems Development Engineer to join our Data Center Network Engineering team. The successful candidate will own the development and delivery of software systems that support the continuous release of our commodity hardware and software at massive scale in both physical and virtual environments, working within and across teams. This will include leveraging existing systems, development of new ones, and coordination/orchestration of these systems. They will develop metrics and benchmarking systems to deeply understand the performance, availability, and safety of our platforms and develop and deliver innovative solutions that drive ever greater experiences for our customers.
Our engineers, managers and leaders are innovators and builders at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of Cloud Computing.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Enterprise networking experience preferred, working in large scale networking environments.
• Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
• Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
• Ability to gather customer requirements and deliver innovative solutions.
• Track record of launching projects of complexity.
• Ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
• Experience with software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, release and change management).
• Problem solving and coding skills. Understanding of data structures, algorithms and their performance.
• Proficient at designing software systems, from high-availability large-scale distributed systems to your application's object model.
• Understanding of the building blocks of computer systems; comfortable working with bits & bytes.
• Knowledge of at least one scripting language.
• Comfortable with Linux and a good understanding of networking concept
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role