Systems Development Engineer
- Nashville, TN
Do you love big challenges and solutions that scale?
Amazon Operations Technology is looking for an experienced Systems Development Engineer to join our Product Integration team in Nashville, TN. In this role you will be solving challenging problems and developing scalable, high-performing solutions that require minimal long term sustaining and development support. Our team is responsible for all global core services and infrastructure within the Operations Technology space; our systems support over 100,000 Amazonians and hundreds of thousands of IP enabled devices.
In this role, you will partner with Systems Engineers, Network Engineers and Software Engineers globally to develop simple and efficient technology that supports our Fulfillment Centers and Transportation Sites. You will work with a wide variety of technologies and projects that range from third party enterprise solutions to open source and proprietary inventions. Technicians and Engineers worldwide will look to you for mentorship, guidance and solutions to complex business problems that are truly unique to Amazon. We value performance, simplicity, and scalability in our designs. In your day-to-day work you will focus on automation of complex tasks to allow our business to scale with customer demand. There will be occasional travel to Fulfillment Centers in the US, Asia and Europe.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 5+ years of experience with Linux operating systems including operations in a large scale production environment.
• 5+ years' of Systems Engineering/Administration including experience in a large, distributed environment
• Practical scripting and development experience in shell, Perl or Python and/or other automation tools. Ability to write and understand codes at Software Developer level is required.
• Experience with system and application monitoring, software distribution
• Experience with common internet protocols and services including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, TFTP, LPD and LDAP
• Experience building enterprise wide solutions using proprietary systems
• Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent professional experience
• Demonstrated time working within a DevOps team
• Experience using Amazon Web Services
• Previous experience managing systems in an industrial environment
• Robust troubleshooting and analytical skills
• A background in Information Security
• Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences
• A degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top