AWS Networking Data Management and Research team owns a data bus, which performs ingestion, enrichment and transformation of networking raw data. Our mission is to distribute the data to our customers and build systems that enables customers and scientists to run experiments on top of it. We are looking for an exceptional System Development Engineer (SysDE) to build the software and leverage big data solutions for devising the next generation of network monitoring systems. The ideal candidate will share our excitement about cloud computing and will be passionate about delivering high quality services. You will have good knowledge of distributed systems with design and implementation experience, as well as the ability to lead and mentor other engineers. You will be customer centric and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires excellent technical and communication skills.
You will join a tenured team of Software Development Engineers, Research Scientists, and Data Engineers . This is an opportunity to build a new service utilizing AWS technologies. We are looking for a candidate who will be comfortable working with a broad range of data sources and solving problems at scale.
As a team we proactively support knowledge-sharing and we embrace opportunities to teach company-wide. Since every business at Amazon relies on a network that runs smoothly, the right candidate will guide the business and communicate value, work collaboratively to develop pragmatic yet flexible solutions and move forward in the face ambiguity. The candidate should be willing to build good working relationships within the team and across AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• At least 8+ years relevant experience in a large-scale online technical operations environment.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• At least 5 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong problem solving and coding skills.
• Experience with high scalable distributed architectures
• Proficient at designing software systems, from high-availability large-scale distributed systems to your application's object model
• Experience with software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, release and change management).
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.