Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking to carry on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of AWS, you will be at the forefront of this transformation technology assisting a global list of enterprise companies that are taking advantage of an ever-growing set of services and features to optimally run their mission-critical applications.
The AWS Managed Services development team is looking for an exceptional systems development engineer to join our team, tasked with developing a service that will accelerate the adoption of AWS services among enterprise customers. This team is building high-impact service management features like drift detection and prevention, provisioning new accounts, managing account configuration and compliance, powered by a variety of AWS services including but not limited to Lambda, Step Functions, EC2, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, S3, DynamoDB, and more.
If you like working on the bleeding edge of cloud technology and contributing to the success of some of the world's biggest companies, look no further: you belong with us.
As a systems development engineer, you will:
• Troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging operational issues in a complex enterprise environment running fleets of server instances interacting with multiple services across several AWS regions.
• Participate and lead architecture workshops, working directly with technical teams from AWS enterprise customers and partners to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs for their application deployment.
• Lead the builds of CloudFormation templates to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes.
• Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
• Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams.
• Mentor and advise the global team on matters of systems engineering and architecture best practices.
• Drive operational excellence.
• Own the process for releasing production code to customer facing production environments.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 3+ years of experience in a Systems Engineering or DevOps role.
• 2+ years of experience in designing and implementing automated solutions to enable the management, administration and deployment of full 3 tier application stacks from the OS (Windows or Linux) through to app deployment, at scale.
• Hands on AWS experience with production workloads.
• Experience with Configuration Management Software.
• Technical leadership and track record of influencing technical decisions.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills to successfully engage with customers and colleagues.
• Track record of ramping up quickly in an evolving and challenging role.
• Understanding the concepts of virtualization and cloud computing.
• Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services.
• Experience with agile software development practices.
• Experience running and maintaining 24x7 production environments.
• Experience with aspects of computer security: network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography.
• Experience with IAM, Active Directory and ADFS.
• Experience in a DevOps team, supporting CI/CD workloads.
• Experience setting up, maintaining and coordinating the automated patch and configuration management of production servers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us