System Validation Engineer
- Austin, TX
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We are seeking an experienced System Verification/Validation Engineer to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we're handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Accelerator Systems FPGA team you'll be responsible for the verification/validation and optimization of hardware and software in our data centers including technologies such as AWS F1 which is an AWS EC2 instance used to deploy hardware accelerators in the cloud.
You'll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products' performance, quality and cost. We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
- Ownership of system verification/validation of a FPGA system including both HW and SW.
- Develop and execute verification and validation test plans running in the cloud.
- Develop software to test, evaluate and stress the system
- Responsible for board bring-up, debug, cloud-scale deployments and device characterization.
- Work in a simulation environments for debugging system issues
- Contribute to debug design architecture to enable efficient debug
- Understand intended SW applications and performance test systems from a customer perspective.
- 5+ years of experience with system validation
- Experience developing testing methodologies and infrastructure
- Experience with simulation and verification tools
- Test plan and test development experience (in C/C++, System Verilog)
- Automation and scripting experience in Python/Lua/Bash
- FPGA or Silicon debug experience, including debugging HW/SW systems
- Experience with software development practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, and continuous integration and testing
- Experience with FPGAs or modern ASIC designs
- Familiarity with lab equipment (logic analyzer, oscilloscope)
- Familiarity with firmware and software debug
- Experience with industry standard I/O interfaces
- Performance and/or Power analysis using validation methods
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top