Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
In the Connectivity Solutions Group, we are inventing the future for consumer electronics and connectivity and are looking for a software engineer to bring our vision into reality. If you love to be hands on from defining system architecture, concept prototyping, and enabling mass production while working with a world class, highly accomplished team, we would love to talk with you.
In this role, you will be part of an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment. You will help in achieving the overall strategy by designing and implementing product features, contributing to the system architecture, and spearheading the best practices that enable a quality product. You will build scalable solutions incorporating cutting edge wireless technologies, smart home devices and cloud services. The ideal candidate is an innovative self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to be an individual contributor and grow into a technical lead.
- Design and develop highly scalable and reliable software and services for wired and wireless networking devices
- Document designs and architecture and review with stakeholders
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple services, teams, and locations
- Proactively identify and resolve technical risks, issues that may impair the team's ability to deliver
- Drive continuous improvements with the team's processes.
- Work across the end to end stack of the ecosystem - right from devices, platform SW/bringup, connectivity and network architectures all the way to cloud based network controller
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development using C, C++, Python, Shell scripting language
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in Operating system and Networking software
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or related field and 3+ year relevant work experience
- A solid understanding of Linux/OpenWRT Operating System
- Experience with BSP, Board/Platform bring up, platform security
- Experience with device driver, kernel and network software development using C,C++.
- Experience with scripting in Shell, Python is a plus
- Familiarity with networking protocols (TCP, UDP, IP), network throughput and performance optimizations
- Analyze, monitor and improve efficiency & stability of the system
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills