System Engineer - Windows Infrastructure
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Enterprise Engineering organization is looking for an experienced Systems Development Engineer with a strong Windows-focused infrastructure and development background. We are using AWS products to evolve traditional enterprise tools and services at a large scale if you are passionate about AWS and have experience automating large-scale Windows infrastructure deployments, keep reading.
You and your team will work with internal Amazon service owners and AWS product teams to develop new services and solutions that give enterprise IT customers more choice and self-service platforms that we offer our global workforce. You will influence AWS product roadmaps and build new solutions as needed to raise the bar for security, automation, and operational excellence for Amazon's corporate infrastructure.
In this role, you will build the tools and services that move our Windows-based systems in to the infrastructure-as-code age, enable self-healing for our systems, and provide capabilities that enable other Amazon service owners to do the same. You will use AWS products and DevOps patterns to build the next generation of Windows-based management tools.
We are looking for a motivated builder to inspire our teams and deliver results to our customers. This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from strategic planning to new system development to supporting the customers that depend on your services. You will deliver consistent, well-defined results in an agile systems development workflow. To succeed in this role, you will deliver on-time results that delight your customers while inspiring your team to think big about their work. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to speak with you.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Support a service ownership culture with a primary focus on the Windows Server platform
• Embrace the AWS ecosystem and innovate solutions with it.
• Support our DevOps culture holding a high-quality bar with code reviews and create automated mechanisms.
• Working with others on the engineering team in day-to-day development activities, contributing to architecture discussions, participating in designs, design reviews, and implementation.
• Build services that can scale across six continents for hundreds of thousands of Amazonians worldwide
• Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget in line with project plans and commitments.
• Maintain current technical knowledge of rapidly changing technology, and work with management and development teams to evolve current processes.
• Previous experience supporting and automating large Windows Server installations.
• 1+ years experience in automation via PowerShell and/or Python programming.
• 3+ years experience in the Systems Engineering field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with object-oriented code in programming languages, preferably Python, and/or PowerShell.
• Experience automating and configuring systems mechanisms in a large enterprise environment.
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline build processes.
• Experience building services using AWS products.
• Experience working in a high pace DevOps mindset culture.
• Experience working in an Agile environment using the Scrum methodology.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top