- Bengaluru, India
Are you interested in building out a cloud-scale log analytics and search platform? Do you want to revolutionise the way people manage and derive insights from vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on a large number of AWS users? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing AWS service and work in a fast paced startup style environment?
Amazon Elasticsearch Service makes it easy to deploy, operate, and scale Elasticsearch for log analytics, application monitoring, full-text search, and more. Amazon Elasticsearch Service is a fully managed service that delivers Elasticsearch's easy-to-use APIs and real-time capabilities along with offering predictable performance and seamless scalability for production workloads.
At AWS, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. The Amazon Elasticsearch Service team is part of the rapidly growing AWS Database and Analytics group. We are customer obsessed in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment.
The Amazon Elasticsearch Service team designs, develops and operates software that allows customers to index, search and analyze documents at scale in a secure, responsive, and reliable environment. The team is tackling tough data, search and analytics problems. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we are looking for innovative engineers with a passion for data, search, analytics and distributed systems to join the team:
As a System Engineer on the Amazon Elasticsearch Service team, you will:
. Design, develop and support a world-class search platform serving individuals and businesses of all sizes
• Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary languages are Java, Python
. Work at the core of Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene open source software with opportunities to contribute to open source
. Build platform to build, test and maintain the Open Source Elasticsearch code for managed service
• Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
• Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices
• Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve challenging problems in a fun, collaborative environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
• Strong experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby)
• Experience with writing object-oriented code in any programming language (Java, C#)
• Ability to take a project from requirements analysis through to launch and operation of the system in production.
• Hands-on experience of architecting and building with AWS technologies (or similar products) to deliver software systems.
• Comfortable working with ambiguous/undefined problems and has ability to think abstractly.
• Experience of building high-volume and highly available distributed systems.
• Experience of building CI/CD platforms.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
Back to top