AWS IoT is a managed cloud platform that lets connected devices easily and securely interact with cloud applications and other devices. AWS IoT can support billions of devices and trillions of messages, and can process and route those messages to AWS endpoints and to other devices reliably and securely. Our services support millions of devices across a wide range of technologies and industries.
We are looking for Systems Engineers to work as a team that will deploy AWS IoT services to air-gapped regions and support government customers operating in those regions. You'll be part of a truly innovative team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You'll become an expert at platform diagnosis, response, measurement, and automation. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the platform's insane growth.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or 5 years of equivalent work experience
• 5+ years Linux experience and associated tools/languages
• 2+ years' experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments
• 1+ year of experience specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools
• Experience in any of the following: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to dive deep and understand all layers of a web services technology stack
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
• Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
• Experience managing large server fleets
• Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.