System Development Manager - Windows Infrastructure
The AWS Corporate Infrastructure organization is looking for an experienced Systems Development Manager with a strong Windows-focused infrastructure and development background. We are using AWS to evolve traditional Enterprise IT tools and services at a large scale – if you are passionate about AWS and have experience with large-scale Enterprise systems, keep reading.
You and your team will work with internal Amazon service owners and AWS product teams to develop new services and solutions that give enterprise IT customers more choice and self-service platforms that we offer our global workforce. You will influence AWS service roadmaps and build new solutions as needed to raise the bar for security, automation, and operational excellence for Amazon's corporate infrastructure.
In this role, you will build the tools and services that move our Windows-based systems in to the infrastructure-as-code age, enable self-healing for our systems, and provide capabilities that enable other Amazon service owners to do the same. You will use AWS services and DevOps patterns to build the next generation of Windows based management tools.
We are looking for a motivated leader to inspire our teams and deliver results to our customers. This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from strategic planning to new system development to supporting the customers that depend on your services. You will lead your teams to deliver consistent, well-defined results in an agile systems development workflow. To succeed in this role, you will deliver on-time results that delight your customers while inspiriting your team to think big about their work. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to speak with you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead automation efforts for a team advancing a service ownership culture with a primary focus on the Windows Server platform
- Embrace the AWS ecosystem and drive innovation on top of it
- Instill a culture that drives DevOps, hold a high quality bar with code reviews, drive automation efforts to empower, and remove barriers for your team
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Hands-on leadership for your team; working with others on the engineering team to guide the day-to-day development activities, leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design reviews, and implementation.
- Build services that can scale across six continents for hundreds of thousands of Amazonians worldwide
- Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and 5+ years of experience leading systems and development efforts focusing on the Windows platform.
- 3+ years of direct people management responsibilities
- Work with engineering teams to design and optimize a wide variety of development projects using a variety of development tools and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- You must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure automation delivered through the software development lifecycle in an API-enabled environment – including agile development, software architecture/patterns, and modern cloud services.
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate tools and services with a security, scalability, and performance mindset
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent programs and projects in an Agile environment.
- Previous Windows Server systems and administration experience in a large enterprise environment
- Experience using PowerShell scripting and Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Knowledge of CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) best practices and configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience developing roadmaps, running agile development teams, and a strong record of delivering results
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top