System Development Manager - S3 Storage Platform
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers are able to durably store their data on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
We are currently looking for a talented system development manager to join our Amazon S3 Storage I/O team and manage our rapidly increasing scale in the face of explosive customer growth. Cloud computing represents a fundamental shift in how businesses think about managing their information needs. While this emerging area of computing has seen tremendous growth over the past five years, we are still in the early stages of realizing its full potential. We seek smart, passionate and visionary people to help us define this exciting new technology.
Our team is clearly passionate about the incredible opportunity that Amazon S3 presents and about cloud computing, in general. You will have the opportunity to deliver high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. You will be able to utilize your experience in building, managing, and mentoring engineering teams, while operating or using web-based services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
- 5 years experience managing system development teams
- Experience managing HW, OS, platforms, and/or server software
- Experience recruiting and building teams
- A passionate for large scale, high customer impact ownership
- Experience with HW bring-up, qualification, and/or benchmarking
- In depth knowledge with storage media technologies (e.g., PMR, SMR, SSD)
- Solid understand and experience with Linux
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of delivering results, ownership, and strong customer focus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top