System Development Engineer II - IAM Data Plane
- Tel Aviv, Israel
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Security is the top priority for us at AWS and Identity and Access Management (IAM) is at the heart of enabling secure resource access for customers. We're the Data Plane team for IAM and our software virtually serves authN and authZ for every single AWS service call. We run one of the largest, globally distributed systems for auth. Think of scale at millions of requests/sec! If this sounds exciting to you, we should connect.
Our mission is to build the most secure, reliable, scalable and performant authentication and authorization data plane platform on the planet, which enables every AWS customer to have a secure access to their resources.
As an ideal candidate, you have succeeded in developing large-scale automation and operating complex systems in a production environment. You apply solid system engineering and development practices to ensure your automation is both reliable and correct. Your technical knowledge includes Linux systems, networking and operating "at scale". You must be able to triage situations quickly and work well with other engineers.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Expertise and proficiency in either Java/C++/C#/Python programming language
• Track record of building automation at scale
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from concept to actual launch.
• Ability to show good judgment and instincts in decision making.
• Ability to prioritize and perform in complex, fast-paced situations
• 3+ years of industry experience in Systems Engineering / SRE experience in a large, distributed environment focusing on automation.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer, Engineering or a related technical field
• A high degree of organization and be very detail-oriented
• Excellent leadership, verbal, and written communication skills
• Experience with Amazon EC2, S3, DynamoDB
• Experience with DevOps tools, processes, and culture
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and a proven documentation methodology
• Experience troubleshooting, configuring and patching the Linux kernel
• Fundamental Computer Science knowledge, including experience in applying common algorithms, data structures and design patterns
• Experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting server hardware issues
• Experience in production monitoring and metrics reporting
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top