System Development Engineer II
- Arlington, VA
Just think about what it takes to process the tens of millions of financial transactions that are generated every hour of every day as Amazon customers buy stuff, sign up for Prime, read e-books on their Kindle e-readers, watch videos on their Fire TVs and Fire tablets, as Amazon pays hundreds of thousands of suppliers and vendors, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, and as AWS customers get billed for their usage!
To support expansion of various Amazon businesses, the eCFI team is building massive distributed systems. These systems handle high volumes of financially relevant information from various internal businesses while pushing the cutting edge of cloud computing in the enterprise. Scale, efficiency, predictability and configuration driven processing are the key driving attributes of this effort. These are critical systems in Amazon for handling the financial events that get persisted into Amazon's Financial Systems downstream.
We are seeking a talented, self-directed Systems Development Engineer to join a team owning the accounting functionality for supporting WW Tax and Accounting projects. The Flash business onboarding team develops and manages the tools and technologies that aggregates and publishes accounting data, onboard new accounting relevant events, and builds automation to support new accounting use cases. This will include identifying and resolving issues, automating and improving repetitive processes, and working closely with the development team to identify operational needs. You will become intimately familiar with the architecture of our systems, and be responsible for diving deep into code, while developing solutions for our customers and services.
• Responsible for onboarding new accounting use cases using existing tooling.
• Responsible for on-call duties during peak and non-peak hours, deploying fixes, and handling high-sev issues working with accounting and financial system analysts.
• Work with other team members (support engineers, software engineers, technical program managers, financial system analysts) to investigate design approaches, develop accounting configuration.
• Responsible for building accounting processes and systems to keep pace with the business onboarding goals.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against tight schedules.
• 3+ years of hands on experience in software development or DevOps experience including design, implementation, debugging, and support.
• Ability to write code to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Python, Java 1+ year of experience contributing to automation for new and current systems.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and identify the root cause(s) with skill and passion for operational excellence.
• Detail-oriented with a high degree of organization with excellent verbal, and written communication skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Prior working experience in financial domain
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team, self-directed and a team player.
• Experience with scalable distributed systems and service oriented architectures
• Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems.
• Experience developing or furthering existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency.
• Manage directly assigned tasks, and on-call duties gracefully.
Back to top