System Development Engineer II
- Hyderabad, India
About the team..
Serving tens of millions of requests every minute using highly distributed systems to provide fast, reliable and secure connectivity between Amazon's customers and internal services is our mission. Spillways is a combination of CDN, Reverse proxy and Traffic management. We at Spillways designs, creates, and owns the critical software layer accepting, filtering, and routing all web traffic from the public Internet to its many websites. We use our system to route and manage traffic, detect and block robot and security threats, and enable Amazon's businesses to quickly and safely launch new websites in new countries. Our success comes from protecting amazon and keeping the trust customers have in us in terms of handling the massive scale of requests in the most reliable and secure way without much of latency. Amazon is one of a kind in the number of customers served, transactions processed, and products handled.
About the role..
We're looking for a software development engineers who thrive on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads. Our systems responds to millions of requests per minute. We develop and manage security software for high availability systems. The Ideal candidate is expected to contribute troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve computer-identified alarms, make feature enhancements, bug fixes, systems management, perform software deployments and migrations, host management and automate the operational tasks.
He would also be responsible to develop tools and end to end automation to achieve human free operations.
The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical and communication skills, includes a mix of on call, operational tasks and software development. They use the right tool for the job, and modify software in a way that leverages the overall system architecture. If you have a strong Application support, Networking and security background, are interested in aggressive growth and have passion to develop tools at large scale, this is the opportunity for you.
Do you think you are up to the challenge and want to learn more to stretch your skills and career ?
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer "Minority / Female / Disability / Vet"
• Overall 4 to 10 years software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm and complexity analysis.
• Advanced proficiency in more than one programming language: C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, or Java
• Advanced understanding of DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP and other common network protocols
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills, preferably on Unix/Linux platform
• Experience working with large scale distributed system, Enterprise & Cloud.
• Experience automating software deployments and following a continuous delivery and deployment model
• Experience with agile software development methodologies
• Experience with system analysis and troubleshooting in large-scale Linux environment
• Strong understanding of modern database technology, experience with AWS database products such as DynamoDB
Back to top