System Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
We are hiring senior engineers to lead the development of world's largest elastic grid of real physical smart devices, desktop browsers and device simulators. The grid provides customers instantaneous access to a large variety of smart devices and browsers, anywhere in the world, any time of the day.
You will not only lead architecture development for key service components, but will also provide technical leadership across a wide spectrum of technologies, including large-scale globally distributed systems, IoT technologies, browser technologies, edge computing, systems engineering and machine learning at scale.
There will be 20B+ connected devices in the world by 2020, with millions of developers writing apps for those. Our mission is to democratize smart device application development by bringing all types of devices on AWS cloud. This is an incredible opportunity to shape the future of smart-device application development
This is an incredible opportunity to define the technical vision of a fast-evolving AWS service and lead a service that meets AWS's high bar for availability, scalability, and security, and make significant business impact.
We launched a new Elastic Browser Grid service in 2020 and are seeing exponential growth. We are now doubling down on that and have an exciting roadmap with a large number of new greenfield initiatives planned for 2020 and 2021. You will enjoy working on complex and fast evolving domain of device browser technologies and influence across the following areas:
• [Large Scale Globally Distributed Systems] Building world's largest elastic grid of real physical/virtual smart devices, device simulators, and desktop browsers with hundreds of thousands of device instances serving billions of daily requests.
• [IoT, Device Engineering] - Building self-healing and fault tolerant IoT systems for managing a large fleet of a variety of smart devices situated remotely with automatic fault detection, recovery, predictive maintenance and automated device lifecycle management.
• [Networking & Systems Engineering] - Solving complex networking problems including high speed connectivity, secure cross vpc communication, secure live video transmission
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Experience in IoT, Embedded Systems, Remote Device Management
• 5+ years professional experience developing software
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top